ADK Z-Mod Tube Microphone (Silver Edition)
ADK Z-Mod Tube Microphone (Silver Edition)
ADK Z-Mod Tube Microphone (Custom Shop)
ADK Z-Mod Tube Microphone is a totally Customized Product can be custom-built One-Off for each client based on one's preference for Historical & Vintage Characteristics.
The ADK Z-Mod Tube Microphone (Custom Shop) is ADK's top-of-the-line microphone. The Z-Mod takes ADK's already-great sounding CS Custom valve microphone and adds an upgraded chrome grille, power-coat chassis, a jewel box of valves, and upgrades the cabling to include 1 AccuSound HD-7 Tube Mic XLR Cable and 1 Silver Studio-Pro XLR (you can't get these anymore!).
The ADK Z-Mod Tube Microphones are Class A (Discrete) 9 Polar-Pattern Tube (Valve) Condenser Microphones hand-built as "One-Offs" using a custom Belgium-Designed PC Board built with Hi-Fi methods and materials, using a "No-Corners-Cut" approach. Features German Hand-Selected Valve, Top-of-the-Line Components (like a USA Jensen Transformer) with Australian-Designed GK capsules from the Custom Shop "Capsule-Bank". Based on ADK's Area 51 TT chassis, this is a totally Customized Product can be custom-built "One-Off" for each client based on one's preference for Historical, Vintage Curves -Microphone Response Characteristics. So, if you want a specific color for your capsule choice, then we can do that!
Nobody knows ADK Custom Shop microphones like we here at Front End Audio do. Call us at 888-228-4530 to configure your custom, today.
Choose Your Capsule:
- ADK Custom Shop "Crème de la Crème" Z-Mod-47: The Z-Mod-47 has Mellow, yet, Historically "Later" Microphone Response Curve. Smooth but with Attitude. More natural, but with less pushed presence and more open top. Rich lows that remain tight.
- ADK Custom Shop "Top Banana" Z-Mod-251: The Z-Mod-251 has a silky, ambient 'air-band' boost, similar to a famous Vintage Austrian Tube Microphone.
- ADK Custom Shop "Ruby Lips" Z-Mod-12: The Z-Mod-12 is the Most Brilliant of all ADK Z-Mod-Series Custom Valve Microphones. Almost Effervescent High-End.
- ADK Custom Shop "Blue Suede" Z-Mod-67: The Z-Mod-67 has the early 60's vibe. Almost imperceptibly Mellow. Scoops nasal, sibilance issues in a subtle way. More presence than the 47, but less top-end.
- ADK Custom Shop "Black Beauty" Z-Mod-49: The ADK Custom Shop Z-Mod-49 is more of a vintage 50's vibe taken from the "7" capsule. Very smooth, almost dark top with a full mid and round bottom. Great for vocal, strings, and trumpet. Seriously, if you've ever felt like every other tube microphone is still too bright for you on top, but you like the responsiveness of a tube powered condenser capsule, then THIS is the choice for you!
Choose Your Transformer:
- Jensen USA Transformer: The Jensen adds a bit of a "smiley face" character to the response of the microphone. Translated, that means a lifted top and bottom. It's like having a built in sweetening curve on top of the capsule's response. An excellent pairing with the Z-Mod-251.
- Lundahl Transformer: Lundahl transformers are known for their flat-frequency-response. So, nothing is hyped here. This is a great choice with the Z-Mod-67 variant (makes the Z-Mod-67-L). The Lundahl keeps the top smooth and the perception of the mid-range is that it is increased. The lows stay well behaved - not bloomy. But certainly not a boring choice of transformer! The music is in the mid-range.
- Sowter Transformer: There is just something "magical" that happens with the Sowter when you choose it to go in the Z-Mod-12 or in the Z-Mod-47. The mid-range comes alive in a special fashion.
ADK Z-Mod Tube Microphone (Custom Shop) Features
- Jewel Box of 3 Valves (including Mullard, Tungsol, and JJ Audio or Electro-Harmonix. Subject to availability.)
- Top-of-the-Line Components (such as your choice of these 3 premium mic transformers: USA Jensen, Lundahl, or Sowter)
- Australian-Designed GK capsules from the Custom Shop "Capsule-Bank"
- Upgraded Grille
- Power-Coat Chassis
- 1 x AccuSound HD-7 Tube Mic XLR Cable
- 1 x Silver Studio-Pro 3-Pin XLR Microphone Cable
ADK Z-Mod Tube Microphone (Custom Shop) Includes
- Premium Tweed Brief Case
- Wooden Velvet Lined Microphone Case
- Elastic Shock Mount
- Low-Profile Ring Mount (Hard-mount)
- Foam Windscreen
- Pop Filter (w/ gooseneck)
- Power Supply w/ 9 Polar Patterns
- 15' Accusound Silver Studio Pro 7-Pin Tube Microphone Cable: The ACC-HD-7 is a silver-plated 7-Pin cable for tube microphones (A $179.99 Value!)
- 10' Accusound Silver Studio Pro 3-Pin: The ACC-MC Silver-plated XLR Microphone Cable (An $89.99 Value!)
What Professionals Are Saying...
"Classic styling, Classic Sound! Frankly, I can't tell the difference between the ADK Z-251 and a vintage Telefunken ELA-M251."
Chuck Ainlay - Mark Knopfler, Dire Straits, Vince Gill, Wynonna, Trisha Yearwood, George Strait, Marty Stuart, Melissa Etheridge and a TON of other world-class artists
"This is one of the very finest microphones I have ever purchased, period. Classically identifiable sound quality, amazingly well made, astonishingly Quiet and customer service second to none. I will be buying more of these microphones!"
Bernie Becker - Legendary Engineer - Frank Sinatra, Neal Diamond, Tupac
"All through my career I have been looking for a "good" U-67. Now the search is over with the ADK Z-67. It is a perfect microphone for critical vocals and female voices and compare very favorably to any U-67 I have heard. It also shines on acoustic guitars and anything that needs an open top end without over pronounced upper midrange. I love the ADK Z-67!"
Michael Wagener - Legendary Engineer - Mötley Crüe, Metallica, Megadeth, Dokken
"First thing I noticed I noticed was the significantly lower self-noise of the Z-67 [vs. favorite U67]. On pick-strummed guitar, however, the Z-67's presence bump highlighted the plectrum-on-string detail that I was looking for. On JT's voice this mic was just stunning. It complimented his true tone with a clarity that Iâ??ve been searching for. It was head and shoulders above the U-67. . . ."
Ryan Hewitt - ADK Z-67 Review in Tape-Op Review Issue #100 - Recording / Mixing Engineer - Avett Brothers, The Band Perry, Sheryl Crow, Brandi Carlile, Jamie Cullum, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, blink-182, Flogging Molly, The Alkaline Trio, Three Days Grace, We Are Scientists, Tom Petty, and John Frusciante
"The words that instantly come to mind with the Z-67 are rich, weighted and dimensional. Overall on her voice it offered a very real, you-are-here sound that had a natural weight along with a nice sparkly high end-sparkly as in exciting and not harsh or bright. I also fell in love with the Z-67 on a number of acoustic guitars, especially on 12-string where it was full and detailed, scooping out a touch of the boxy mids. The Z-67 offers a very classy rich sound - very 3D with the perfect hint of vintage vibe."
Paul Vnuk, Jr - Z-67 Review in May 2014 Issue of Recording Magazine